Thursday, October 16, 2008

Project Runway

So I have been captivated by Bravo Tv's show Project Runway. I think i missed one episode somehow. By the way Thank all that is good in this world bc with the DVR in our house I would never see any show I like.
But ne ways last night was teh season fianle of Project Runway. A show in which these aspiring designers comepete in designing clothes. Each week they were given a challege to design a look or outfit. They then had very little money, and time to complete the challenge and face off on a runway show in front of the Judges. The judges Nina Garcia, Editor at large for Elle Mag, Michael Kors-umm hello The Michael Michael Kors label! (Hope to own a purse by him one day), Heidi Klum-host, supermodel and possibly one of the most beautiful women in the world. Tim Gunn-Chief Creative Officer at Liz Claiborne Inc (I hope I get to meet him one day!) And then a guest judge which ranges depending on the challenge. Challenges included design an outfit for a dragqueen, or outfits inspired by new york at night. There was an olympic design challenge and so much more. How could I not get hooked! Each week I was glued to the DVR to catch up on the show to see which designer I like best. I just love the show.
So last night the ladies were in the final three and showed their collection. Each were great but I knew that Leanne would win....just knew it. and guess what she did! woo! I like all the designs she put down the runway. The other contenders Korto and Kenley both did an excellent job too.
I enjoyed the show. I can't wait till the 6th season. Believe me it will be DVR'd. However as I was reading viewer respones they were very negative againist the winner of the show, Leanne. I think she completely deserved to win. The other two designers did a great job but over all I think the judges picked the right person to be the winner. I posted a few pics I loved from Leanne's collection.
Check out Bravotv.com to see the other designers who worked the runway.

No comments: